Getting ready to plan 2019
Before I can start planning for a new year, I knew I needed to take a look back at the previous year and see what worked and what didn’t work. After reviewing 2018, I started planning out 2019. Here is where I’m preparing and planning to help me get 2019 to be the best year yet:
- Virtual spring clean
- Launches + promotions
- Content planning
01. Virtual spring clean
Where I do my virtual clean up
One thing I do not only annually, but quarterly, is clean up my files and programs. It may just be the organizer in me but I love doing this. Below is where I spend time cleaning up and organizing:
- Gmail inbox/folders
- Google Drive/Dropbox
- Browser Bookmarks
What I do during my virtual clean up
It can be overwhelming to look at all of your files and not know where to start. Before I had a file system, I’d forget where I’d put things, I’d make duplicates or triplicates of things or keep things I knew I’d never need or use. With my file system now though, I know where everything is, nothing is in my Dropbox or Google Drive more than once, and I no longer have things I’ll never need.
One of these days I’ll have a post laying out my exact folder structure, but for now we’ll stick with what I do during my virtual clean up.
During my clean up I go through each of the items listed above and do the following:
- Asana – archive old clients and projects, update deadlines or remove them
- Gmail inbox/folders – archive old client projects, unsubscribe from email lists, add filters and labels to emails in my inbox
- Google Drive/Dropbox – archive old client projects, delete project drafts, organize stray files
- Calendar – color-code appointments, remove old appointments or things I don’t need scheduled anymore
- Zoom – download, rename, organize then delete (in Zoom) all recordings
- Acuity – review, edit, delete old or unused Acuity appointment types
- Browser Bookmarks – open all the bookmarks in one window with the folder for all bookmarks in another and go through each and delete ones that are never going to be used or are expired, create a folder system for home/work and organize leftover bookmarks into the appropriate folder
02. Launches + promotions
Topics coming this year
Over the last year I’ve been starting to capture questions and topics that I want to write about, things that I’ve been asked by clients, things that I’ve seen asked about in Facebook groups and Instagram captions, and I’m excited to write about them.
Ready for a sneak peek of the topics I’m looking at writing about?
- Duty Day
- Staying organized virtually
- Creating processes that work for you
- Getting the most out of working with a virtual assistant
If you have a topic you’d like to see me write about, drop it in the comments below!
Wrapping it up
The last question I asked myself during my review and goal setting came from the Business Assessment Planning Guide by Shay of SC Stockshop.
How will I define success in the new year?
We’re not talking about looking just at numbers, but holistically. It’s a big question but one I’m actually excited to answer.
While I do have an income goal that I want to reach, I’m more interested in a few other markers of success.
So in 2019 below are the markers I’ll be using to define success:
- What boundaries did I set (and more importantly, keep)
- Did I serve my clients with my full attention and ability
- Did I take time to focus on my business
- Did I take time off from work and not actually work
Overall I’m really excited for 2019, between my new services, launching courses and so much more, I’m feeling like this is going to be the best year yet for Lux + Vita!